SAMBROOK’S BREWERY was established in 2008 operating from Yelverton Road, Battersea. It is currently the only brewery operating in our branch area. Partners Duncan Sambrook and David Welsh have three beers on sale in local pubs.
Their first beer, Wandle, a 3.8% ABV bitter, is available in several local pubs.
The second beer, Junction, was launched on 7 November 2009. This was available initially in 16 selected London pubs - you can see the current Full List of stockists on the Sambrook’s website.
Junction is described on the brewery website as:
“Named after our local railway station, Junction Ale is a strong 4.5” ABV premium ale. Brewed with Challenger, Bramling X and Goldings hops, the beer has a deep amber colour with a spicy hop character.”
A double celebration was held at the brewery on Wednesday 10th November 2010 to officially launch the brewery’s third beer, Powerhouse Porter and to commemorate the brewery's two years in production. You can see some photos of the evening on Flickr.com.
The Powerhouse is a 4.9%ABV Porter which should prove to be especially popular in the colder months.
The formal brewery opening was held on Saturday, 4 April 2009 when the brewery was open to the public. This was the official launch of the Bottle Conditioned version of Sambrook’s Wandle.
Sambrook’s was the official glasses sponsor for the Battersea Beer Festival 2010.
The brewery website is at www.sambrooksbrewery.co.uk or telephone them on 020 7228 0598.
Also see Steve Williams’ blog [http://beerjustice.blogspot.com/]. Steve is the CAMRA Brewery Liaison Officer for Sambrook’s.
BATTERSEA 2010 BEER OF THE FESTIVAL
Junction was voted the Beer of the Festival at the Battersea Beer Festival 2010. There was a branch trip to the Brewery for the presentation on Thursday 20 May 2010 - see photos on Flickr.com .
WHERE TO GET SAMBROOK’S BEERS
The following pubs in our SW London area are known to have Sambrook’s Wandle available permanently: those pubs also selling Junction are marked with this symbol .
- Crown & Sceptre, Streatham Hill, Streatham, SW2
- Abbeville, Abbeville Road, Clapham, SW4
- Coach & Horses, Clapham Park Rd, Clapham, SW4
- Prince of Wales, Clapham Old Town, SW4
- Duchess, Battersea Park Road, Battersea, SW8
- Bollingbroke, Northcote Road, Clapham Junction, SW11
- Draft House Northcote, Northcote Road, SW11
- Draft House Westbridge, Battersea Bridge Road, SW11
- Elephant on the Hill, (formerly Taybridge) Lavender Hill, Battersea, SW11
- Falcon, St. John's Hill, SW11
- Lighthouse, Battersea Park Road, Battersea, SW11
- Lost Angel, Battersea Park Road, SW11
- Avalon, Balham Hill, Balham, SW12
- Bedford, Bedford Hill, Balham, SW12
- Nightingale, Nightingale Lane, Balham, SW12
- Bricklayer’s Arms, Waterman Street, Putney, SW15
- Earl Ferrers, Ellora Rd, Streatham, SW16
- Selkirk, Selkirk Rd, Tooting, SW17
- Armoury, Armoury Way, Wandsworth, SW18.
- Le Gothique, John Archer Way, Wandsworth Common, SW18
- Roundhouse, Wandsworth Common North Side, SW18
- Off Sales: Wines of the World at 549 Garratt Lane, Earlsfield, SW18 4SR usually stocks the bottled version of Wandle.
For other pubs in London with Sambrook’s beer see the brewery website’s stockists list.
We will try our best to keep this list up-to-date: please email our webmaster Mike Flynn firstname.lastname@example.org if you spot any errors or omissions.